The Text Comparison Tool verifies and proofs streams of text without considerations as to style, size or layout. Text verification is not affected if the text reflows due to additions or deletions of existing text or graphics, or if a font is changed or the text is laid out differently in the artwork files. In the example below a few changes to spelling cause the text to reflow; these changes cannot easily be verified by graphical comparisons or overlays but the Text Compare report below shows exactly what has been changed and where these changes are.
Excerpt from the Text Compare report
Text Compare is guaranteed to find every difference between two documents, the document can be a single page a brochure or a complete book. The comparison can be carried out word by word or character by character. Its revolutionary Language Independent feature enables the comparison of texts written in pictorial languages (such as Japanese and Chinese) or in right to left languages (such as Arabic and Hebrew). The application can also execute the comparison of texts that contain multiple languages on the same page. Its innovative Adobe Annotations Compare feature detects deviations between annotations (such as “Sticky Note”) and the main text. It likewise verifies that changes to the original text, suggested in the annotations, are correctly inserted in the revised version of the document.
Advantages of automatic proofing over manual proofreading
speed it takes minutes compared to hours to compare the text and graphics between two documents such as a large patient leaflet or games manual for example
handling foreign languages and non-Latin alphabets. As well as handling all the variants of Latin alphabets, a good automated text comparator will compare text in Greek, Cyrillic,, Hebrew, Arabic, Han (Japanese, Chinese, Korean ideographs), Hiragana, Katakana, and Yi alphabets
different layouts, fonts and attributes should not be a problem. Imagine how time consuming and complicated it is to proofread a two sided A3 document against a supplied Word file in a totally different layout.
doesn’t get tired, doesn’t get distracted, doesn’t miss anything
accuracy is much higher
What makes Content Compare different ?
- It’s web based – means one installation – multi-user – accessible from any location – all users have same version.
- Combines graphic comparison software with a text verification tool – checks all artwork elements in one tool.
- Can easily be integrated into any existing document management system – you don’t need a separate platform – designer can do own checking seamlessly. Avoid moving files between different systems – equals less steps – thereby reducing the chances of an error and reduces the work involved
- Multiple formats are supported, such as PDF, Adobe Illustrator, Word documents Excel sheets, SPL/XML
handles tables effortlessly
- The application can also execute the comparison of texts that contain multiple languages on the same page.
- Operating System independent—works on both Windows and Mac
- Part 11 Compliant
- Complete Report history
- Validation Package included