Printed information on pharmaceutical and food packaging has to meet certain legal requirements. This information is typically specified in a Word or XML document, often referred to as a ‘manuscript’ or ‘pack copy’. Since the format and layout of the two files is very different, verifying that the required information has been included is not straightforward.
Manuscript Compare checks that all text in the Manuscript has been included, in some cases e.g. strength, it may occur more than once. Manuscript Compare takes care of this and documents everything in a report which can be stored in a secure database.
Text is supplied in a specified tabular format with legally required information. It does not specify layout requirements.
Final artwork of label includes text from Manuscript (but not paragraph headings) plus logos and graphics.
Automatic proofreading and text verification tools
Advantages of automatic proofing over manual proofreading
speed it takes minutes compared to hours to compare the text and graphics between two documents such as a large patient leaflet or games manual for example
handling foreign languages and non-Latin alphabets. As well as handling all the variants of Latin alphabets, a good automated text comparator will compare text in Greek, Cyrillic,, Hebrew, Arabic, Han (Japanese, Chinese, Korean ideographs), Hiragana, Katakana, and Yi alphabets
different layouts, fonts and attributes should not be a problem. Imagine how time consuming and complicated it is to proofread a two sided A3 document against a supplied Word file in a totally different layout.
doesn’t get tired, doesn’t get distracted, doesn’t miss anything
accuracy is much higher
What makes Content Compare different ?
- It’s web based – means one installation – multi-user – accessible from any location – all users have same version.
- Combines graphic comparison software with a text verification tool – checks all artwork elements in one tool.
- Can easily be integrated into any existing document management system – you don’t need a separate platform – designer can do own checking seamlessly. Avoid moving files between different systems – equals less steps – thereby reducing the chances of an error and reduces the work involved
- Multiple formats are supported, such as PDF, Adobe Illustrator, Word documents Excel sheets, SPL/XML
handles tables effortlessly
- The application can also execute the comparison of texts that contain multiple languages on the same page.
- Operating System independent—works on both Windows and Mac
- Part 11 Compliant
- Complete Report history
- Validation Package included