This page gives an overview of the three main modules of Content Compare artwork proofing software. Each module is explained in more detail by following the links. The modules are Graphic Compare, Text Compare (text verification tool) and Manuscript Compare.
The Graphic Compare tool carries out a pixel based comparison between two files to detect graphical differences e.g. layout, colour and content; this is very suitable for files with similar layout.
Graphic Compare Tool Overview
But if the text has reflowed between different files, or fonts have been changed, Graphic Compare will show a lot of unnecessary deviations whereas the Text Compare Tool verifies text between two files regardless of disposition and style. This can be used in a variety of applications e.g. pharmaceutical – where the text on patient information leaflets may be laid out in columns but the manuscript may be in straight paragraphs.
Text Compare Tool Overview
In some applications, for example pharmaceutical cartons and food labelling, the originating document (manuscript or pack copy) is supplied in a prescribed format in a Word, Excel table or XML file. Typically it is a tabular format with paragraph headings that do not appear in the final artwork. Some paragraphs may be printed in several different places on the carton or label. The Manuscript Compare Tool is a powerful tool enabling text in a fixed tabular format to be checked against the artwork layout file. This is a typical pharmaceutical application and also for food manufacturers the Pack Copy can be compared to the final artwork file.
Manuscript Compare Tool Overview
Advantages of automatic proofing over manual proofreading
speed it takes minutes compared to hours to compare the text and graphics between two documents such as a large patient leaflet or games manual for example
handling foreign languages and non-Latin alphabets. As well as handling all the variants of Latin alphabets, a good automated text comparator will compare text in Greek, Cyrillic,, Hebrew, Arabic, Han (Japanese, Chinese, Korean ideographs), Hiragana, Katakana, and Yi alphabets
different layouts, fonts and attributes should not be a problem. Imagine how time consuming and complicated it is to proofread a two sided A3 document against a supplied Word file in a totally different layout.
doesn’t get tired, doesn’t get distracted, doesn’t miss anything
accuracy is much higher
What makes Content Compare different ?
- It’s web based – means one installation – multi-user – accessible from any location – all users have same version.
- Combines graphic comparison software with a text verification tool – checks all artwork elements in one tool.
- Can easily be integrated into any existing document management system – you don’t need a separate platform – designer can do own checking seamlessly. Avoid moving files between different systems – equals less steps – thereby reducing the chances of an error and reduces the work involved
- Multiple formats are supported, such as PDF, Adobe Illustrator, Word documents Excel sheets, SPL/XML
handles tables effortlessly
- The application can also execute the comparison of texts that contain multiple languages on the same page.
- Operating System independent—works on both Windows and Mac
- Part 11 Compliant
- Complete Report history
- Validation Package included